Rogue Fabrication specializes in designing and manufacturing high-quality metalworking tools. We know the secret of pipe benders that produce consistently perfect results. Rogue Fabrication products are made in the USA, but worldwide shipping is available.
Rogue Fab is known for its premium-quality M601 copper pipe benders and excellent customer service. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime warranty on all products.
What are the different ways to bend copper pipe & tube?
There are three main ways to bend copper tubing. A tube spring is the most common way. It is relatively cheap and easy to use, but bending machines produce more accurate bends.
Spring tube bender
First, a bending spring tool is inserted into the copper pipe and then compressed to bend the copper pipe without causing pipe collapse. 16mm or 5/8-in springs are easy to use, effective, and cheap pipe benders. But only suitable for soft metal pipes such as thin-wall copper pipes typically used as water supply pipes.
Manual copper pipe bender
Less expensive and ideal for soft copper tubing. But they require more effort to use. The tubing is inserted into the machine, and a lever is used to bend it. The advantage: you have more control over the amount of pressure applied, which helps avoid kinking the tubing. So an ideal bender for plumbing applications to avoid restricting the flow of water through a pipe.
Automatic copper tube benders
More expensive but easier to use. The pipe/tube is inserted into the bender, and the machine does the rest. The advantage: an automatic tube bender is much faster than a manual one and produces more accurate bends.
What to look for when buying a copper tube bender?
A few things you should keep in mind when buying a tube bender include:
- The project: For making simple bends, a manual bender will suffice. But an automatic bender is better for more complex bending.
- Material: Do you only need to bend copper pipe? Then any type of bending machine will work. But you will need special tools or an add-on bender kit for bending other materials such as aluminum or stainless steel.
- Size of the project: Is it a small project that only requires some small bends? A regular manual bender will work fine. But a heavy-duty one is your best choice to make multiple large bends.
- Price: Prices vary widely. Choose a machine that fits your budget and your needs. Rogue Fab offers the best value-for-money benders on the market that will bend virtually any size pipe!
- Warranty: Some benders come with a warranty, but others don’t. Rogue Fab’s copper pipe benders have a comprehensive warranty.
What are the benefits of Rogue Fab copper pipe benders?
- Durable: Heavy duty enough to handle large projects.
- Easy to use: Even if you have never used one before, bending pipes is easy to learn with a Rogue Fab M601.
- Versatile: 94-degree one-shot bending and 180 degrees+ bend range
- Affordable: Save money on your projects and still get high-quality results.
- Warranty: You will be covered if something goes wrong with your machine.
How hard is it to bend brass/copper pipes?
Bending thin brass or copper pipe is easy. You will be able to quickly learn how to use a Rogue Fab machine. Plus, the M601 is ideal for use with other types of soft tubing, like aluminum tubing.
What is the difference between a copper tube bender and a copper pipe bender?
A copper tube bender is designed for use with smaller-diameter tubing. A copper pipe bender is made for larger-diameter pipes. Both machines function similarly, but pipe benders typically have a greater bend radius.